Thursday, October 30, 2008

Some finishing touches



















We moved into our house at the end of November last year. I was 7/8 months pregant and highly motivated to finish the kitchen before Christmas. We painted EVERYTHING! Finished the countertops, put in the floor, made the hutch into a desk, (Another wonderful move by Tyler) and put in new lighting fixtures... and cleaned like mad, and we mostly had it ready by Christmas. Just recently we put in a sink; Thanks to Mandy Backus) Every one needs a friend like Mandy Backus, she'd do just about anything for anybody, love her!


















In true mormon fashion I did some Vinyl lettering above my sink, no mormon home is complete without it:) haha.
I hung some new curtains, but they still need to be sewn at the bottom...another project for another day:)
Anyways, this is my favorite room, and where we spend most of our time.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Carolyn Hanson said...

It's beautiful, Mandy and Tyler! I'm a little jealous. :)

The Davis Family said...

I love your kichen - it's huge and has so much storage! I also love how you turned the hutch into a desk - what a great location for a desk. How lucky for you!

Woodrich Family said...

It really is gorgeous. I remember in an Enrichment class you said that if you put something pretty on a flat surface that we would be less likely to clutter it with other stuff. I have started with my kitchen table and it has worked quite well. Not so well on my piano though and I don't know why. And in response to your comment, yes, I am sure I will spend the rest of my life getting picked on by my boys. Good thing they are cute!

Nate and KayLyn said...

It looks so nice! I wish we could come and visit!