Friday, August 16, 2013

*sigh* It finally came...


I graduated back in May with my Associate degree.  Let me just take a moment and say, this was a HUGE accomplishment for me.  I was a terrible student in highschool, and really wondered if I would ever go to college.  As I grew up and learned to discipline myself, I realized I could do it if I really wanted to.  I have been going to school on and off since 2004.  I finished a CNA course with the intent to become a nurse, but changed my mind after the babies came. Having the three girls so close together threw me for a loop and I took a break from school.  After moving to Monticello, I decided to go part time, taking night and online classes so that I could still be a mommy.  It worked out great, even though doing homework meant some late nights at the computer or during nap time.  I am so grateful I pushed through it.  I am taking a year off while Tyler finishes an administrative course and plan on going back to finish my Bachelors.  I may be slow, but I am determined to do it.  I want my girls to realize how important education is and I can only do that by setting an example for them. 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: