Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A little lesson on humility

It seems these last few years have been some humbling ones for me. Becoming a wife was humbling because it made me realize how much I could depend on someone, and becoming a mother required me putting any selfish desires or ambitions aside to become somebody someone else could depend on, but there has been more to this lesson of humilty for me. Every time I turn around, I am learning to recognize the areas I need to improve on, and the list seems endless!

President Lorenzo Snow said:
“We must not allow ourselves to be discouraged whenever we discover our weakness. We can scarcely find an instance in all the glorious examples set us by the prophets, ancient or modern, wherein they permitted the Evil One to discourage them; but on the other hand they constantly sought to overcome, to win the prize, and thus prepare themselves for a fullness of glory.”

I was grateful for that quote this week considering the fact that it is easy to become discouraged when we realize how far we need to go, yet I am grateful looking back for how far I have come and hope to continue on. I am submitting a book I have wrote on this subject for publication and am getting ready for some rejection. It's a project I have worked on for a few years now, and I hope to get some positive feedback. We'll see...

3 comments:

Nate said...

Good luck with the book. Sounds like a great idea to me!

Nate Waddoups and Family

McQuivey said...

Good for you! We are excited to hear back about it, then we will be able to say we knew you before you were famous!!

Carl and Kate said...

Wow, Mandy, that sounds amazing. I can't wait to read it. Seriously, what don't you do?
Have a good one!